The final of the 2006 ICC Champions Trophy was played on 5 November 2006 between the Two finalist team of West Indies and Australia at the Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai. Australia Who Enter into the final by defeating New Zealand in the first semi-final Match which was played at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali on 1 November 2006 While West Indies made their way into the final by defeating South Africa in the second semi-final which was played at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur on 2 November 2006.
After winning the toss by the West Indies skipper Brian Lara they elect to bat first and team all out on the score of 138 in 30.4 overs. Chris Gayle Highest run scorer from the team as they scored 37 run in 27 balls with 6 fours and 2 sixes.
Australia In Reply of 139 Run target loss first couple of wickets early but Thanks to good partnership of Watson and Martyn who take the game very near. The match was interrupted by rain during the Australian innings. Australia won the final by 8 wickets applying Duckworth–Lewis method (D/L method). This is the First Champions Trophy win for the Australia.
Shane Watson earned the man of the match award for his performance in the match. Chris Gayle was named the man of the series for scoring 474 runs in the tournament.
- West Indies innings
- West Indies: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (38 balls), Extras 5
- Power Play 2: Overs 10.1 – 15.0
- Drinks: West Indies – 87/3 in 14.0 overs (DJ Bravo 5, BC Lara 2)
- Power Play 3: Overs 15.1 – 20.0
- West Indies: 100 runs in 19.6 overs (127 balls), Extras 10
- Australia innings
- Lunch: Australia – 45/2 in 10.0 overs (SR Watson 21, DR Martyn 17)
- Rain: Australia – 45/2 in 10.0 overs (SR Watson 21, DR Martyn 17)
- Australia: 50 runs in 12.4 overs (80 balls), Extras 5
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 73 balls (SR Watson 18, DR Martyn 28, Ex 4)
- Australia: 100 runs in 24.4 overs (152 balls), Extras 7
- SR Watson: 50 off 81 balls (4 x 4)
- 3rd Wicket: 100 runs in 147 balls (SR Watson 45, DR Martyn 47, Ex 9)
- Match interrupted after 10 overs in the Australia innings (45/2)
- Australian innings revised to a target of 116 from 35 overs
- D/L Version used for calculating revised targets: Version 7.0